Thanks to your support the CMTA has invested over $17.5 million in the CMTA’s STAR, Strategy to Accelerate Research, since 2008, making us the largest charitable funder of CMT research globally.
Led by the world’s best scientists, the CMTA’s STAR is working toward developing treatments and a cure for CMT. Launched in 2008, we have made tremendous progress, as measured by:
- Over 40 total alliance partners from top biotech, pharma and gene therapy labs around the world
- Over 50 active research projects and studies and 8 more projects just approved in recent months
- More than 30 of the leading CMT scientists and gene therapy experts from around the globe working with our STAR advisory board
- Research tools for biotech companies to use in testing potential therapies for types CMT1, CMT2, CMT4 and CMTX
- Investments in the discovery of new genes that cause CMT
STAR symbolizes hope for a world without CMT. Our supporters make that STAR shine brighter than ever. With a 4-star ranking and 1 of 15 health-based organizations to receive a Perfect 100 Score from Charity Navigator, we are committed to investing your donations wisely.