If you need to rent a bike for the event please contact our local event supporter, Ski Rack
Cycling Tips – Safety and Guidelines:
- DO NOT LITTER. Please put all wrappers, empty gel packs, etc back in your pocket and dispose of them at the next rest stop.
- Obey all traffic signs and signals. This includes traffic lights and stop signs. If in doubt what the laws are … check.
- Stay to the right, except to pass. Pass on the left side only. Do not pass on the right.
- Ride in a single file.
- Do not cross center line regardless of passing zone.
- Use proper signals when turning. Make left turns from the center of the road or left turn lane.
- Cross railroad tracks at right angles.
- Ride in control of your bike at all times (i.e. being able to stop within a reasonable distance.)
- Ride defensively, in consideration of your fellow riders. Do not ride too close to other riders.
- Point out and call out any road hazards ahead. These include potholes, drain grates, stray animals, opening car doors, sticks or stones, parked cars, etc.
- Do not overlap wheels. A slight direction change or gust of wind could easily cause you to touch wheels and fall.
- When climbing hills, avoid following a wheel too closely. Many riders often lose their momentum when rising out of the saddle on a hill which can cause a sudden deceleration. This can often catch a rider who is following too closely, resulting in a fall from a wheel touch.
- Communicate with your fellow riders, using proper cycling terms, such as “On your left,” “Car In back”, “Car in Front”, “Stopping”, “Slowing Down”, “On Your Left”, etc.
- In the event of an Emergency: Call 911
- Items to bring on your ride:
- Spare Tire Tube
- Money, License, Credit Card
- Cell Phone
- Water Bottles
- Energy Bar(s)